We have been gambling professionally for the past twenty years. In this blog, we explain how to invest in sports betting with risk explained.
Maybe you heard of the five asset-classes, namely shares, bonds, property, commodities, and cash. We believe professional sports betting is a sixth asset-class, and when executed right carries less risk.
Unlike with stocks and shares, professional sports betting is independent of prevailing economic conditions. If you are searching for a recession-proof investment, read on.
HOW TO INVEST IN SPORTS BETTING
Before we get down to the nitty-gritty, consider how pro-betting varies from investing in stocks or shares.
The main difference is the trading price. Betting odds and shares have one thing in common, in that they fluctuate during the day. However, stocks & shares have a fixed price set by the stock exchange, whereas betting lines are subject to bookmaker competition.
What makes sports betting interesting is hundreds of bookmakers competing with each other. The consumer can go shopping for the best price and gain the upper hand. For the sake of clarity, most Bookmakers are independent of each other. And, while many buy-in odds data from third-party services, they adjust prices for risk management.
Suffice to say, those trading on the stock exchange need a solitary account. The challenge with professional betting is to open many bookmaker accounts. More betting outlets means more options and a better bottom line.
We always recommend having a separate betting bank. Treat professional betting has a business, and have a clear overview of performance. Spread money between high-value betting accounts, and make sure you have enough funds to cover quick loading. Based on funds available, make a staking plan.
Before starting your journey, make a list of the betting companies at hand. Do a viability study which considers betting value and bookmaker reliability. Access to betting accounts will often depend on your country of residence, and regulatory restrictions are the main challenge. Use legally licensed bookmakers with a proven reputation because the last thing you want is a knock.
Consider how you can get third-party betting accounts, and the possibility to use betting shops. Setting up a network to place bets on your behalf is another consideration.
If you have been unsuccessful with betting in the past, you might have tangible assets at hand. We are referring to betting accounts with higher bookmaker limits.
For those on a tight budget search for bookmakers with a high first-time deposit bonus. Using this method could be a quick way to increase your betting bank.
We are not offering a blueprint for betting success, because every situation is different. Consider everything we have mentioned, and find what suits best.
NO/LOW RISK – INVEST IN SPORTS BETTING
- ARBITRAGE-BETTING; If executed correctly, arbitrage betting is risk-free. The challenge is to find betting opportunities and get your money down! The dangers are not being to balance stakes, or bookmaker cancellation. The latter occurs if the odds are an error, so avoid the temptation of taking something wrong. Take note, arbing is hard work and likely to get betting accounts limited or closed more quickly. When arbing, take the outstanding odds first!
- VALUE-BETTING; We recommend reading our other blogs and tutorials value betting. In short, value betting is taking favourable odds. An example, getting higher odds than the 100% betting exchange price or beating the Pinnacle adjusted (100%) odds. Advantage betting is not risk-free, but long-term it is more lucrative than playing the arbitrage game.
- MATCHED-BETTING; For absolute beginners with no understanding of betting, matched is a zero risk option. While we are not advocates of bookmaker bonus abuse, it works for some low-level profit-taking. In short, it’s a form of discounted betting, and profit is assured.
- PART-TIME POSSIBLE; All of the above methods are low or no risk. They do not require much knowledge, and they are easily used to generate a side income. There is no need to quit your real job or leave your comfort zone.
MEDIUM RISK – INVEST IN SPORTS BETTING
- COMBINATION: Mix no/low risk with higher risk options to expedite your professional betting journey. The big wins come from being more aggressive. At some stage, you need to raise the bar and incorporate tools and knowledge into the system.
- STAKES MID SIZE: Increase stake size. Start using multiple third party accounts supplied by others and bet simultaneously.
- IN-PLAY BETTING: Improve your bet placement speed. In-play betting is super fast, and it vastly increases options. Bookmakers are less likely to identify what you are doing, and that is beneficial.
- BUY-SOURCE BETTING PICKS: Buying profitable betting tips will help you get ahead. Specialists are proven, and it’s not a bad thing paying for the right service.
- BE PROGRESSIVE: If you are capable of stepping outside your comfort zone, now is the time to scale your betting operation. Only ambitious people make the big bucks from betting.
HIGH RISK – INVEST IN SPORTS BETTING
- IN-HOUSE BETTING: Build a team to perform duties such as finding and placing bets. At this stage, the business becomes an operation and delegating workloads is a must. While the costs increase, so should productivity and profit.
- SPORTS-MODELLING: Betting syndicates use algorithmic sports-modelling to find value. Once acquiring an in-depth knowledge of professional betting, it is time to use a quantitative analyst for development.
- BUY TO SELL AND SELL TO BUY: If the odds are short become a seller (lay). When the odds are longer become a buyer (bet). It is a simple trading technique used to wheel and deal.
- MAIN INCOME SOURCE: The big boys focus on betting and nothing else!
A few do’s and do not’s to give some food for thought.
- OPEN MANY HIGH-VALUE BETTING ACCOUNTS.
- HAVE A BETTING STRATEGY.
- USE MONEY MANAGEMENT SKILLS.
- DEVELOP AN EXTRACTION PLAN.
- USE BETTING BROKERS FOR ASIAN ACCOUNTS.
- KEEP IT LEGAL – STRUCTURE IN A COMPANY IF NEEDED.
- SOURCE PICKS AND ACCURATE INFORMATION.
- BUILD TECHNOLOGY.
- NETWORK & SHARE.
- BUILD A TEAM.
- DEVELOP IN-HOUSE SOFTWARE.
- KEEP LEARNING.
- THINK VEGAS LINES ARE VALUE.
- CHASE LOSSES.
- PRETEND TO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING.
- BET WITH HOUSEHOLD MONEY.
- STRETCH YOURSELF FINANCIALLY.
- BET AT LOWER ODDS.
- DEVIATE FROM YOUR STAKING PLAN.
- LISTEN TO THE WRONG PEOPLE.
- BOTHER WITH BETTING FORUMS.
- FOLLOW TIPS FROM AFFILIATE WEBSITES.
- REQUEST A PAYOUT UNTIL ACCOUNT IS LIMITED.
- KNOWINGLY TAKE WRONG ODDS.
Visit our tutorial section for more in-depth knowledge.